The Danett family owned the area from the 15th century upon which stood Danett’s Hall. This was owned by the Watts … More
Category: Closed Pubs
MASONS ARMS, NICHOLS STREET
Nichols Street/Midland Street ran off Southampton Street, close to the present Phoenix Centre. In 1861, Joseph Manning was listed as … More
THREE KILNS, 69 NICKLAUS ROAD
Built on the Rushey Mead Estate off Melton Road and Troon Way. Photo Rob Hubble Post 2012 Another Indian Bar … More
MAGAZINE (MAGAZINE HOTEL), NEWARKE STREET
Named after the nearby military magazine. Built on the old Roman part of Leicester, the earliest record so far is … More
WIG & PEN – COURTHOUSE – PAUSE – THE PUB, NEW WALK
The Wig & Pen had two entrances. The original main one was on Wellington Street. It opened in November 1993 … More
BREWERS ARMS – CHEERS – MISTER YUMMY’S – DIE FLEDERMAUS – SULLY’S BAR – MINSTERS, NEW PARLIAMENT STREET
New Parliament Street, which runs down the side of the Royal Oak in Belgrave Gate, is part of the Abbey … More
RIFLE BUTT, 16 NEW BRIDGE STREET
No known picture of this to date. Certainly run from at least circa 1870 with John Gardiner named as victualler. … More
LORD RAGLAN, 55 NEW BRIDGE STREET
Corner of New Bridge Street/Raglan Street-Infirmary Square. No known photo yet of Lord Raglan. (Photo Above) This is from the … More
MOAT INN – MONKS REST, NETHERHALL ROAD
Photo above: Circa 1988. Below Classic photo of the Moat, showing its stylish interior, again taken by the excellent Leicester … More
NAVIGATION INN, NAVIGATION STREET/PUBLIC WHARF
Early references give the Navigation Inn on Public Wharf Belgrave Gate, later Navigation Street. Recorded circa 1825, no mention after … More