Another short-lived beer house that opened c.1876 1883 Arthur Bindley was licensee. By then it was classed as a beer…
ARGYLE ARMS, 4 Argyle St.
Photo above shows number 4 is boarded up shop on right, just inside from Catherine St. (Vanished Leicester, Dennis Calow).…
WHEATSHEAF, Archdeacon Lane
A reference, 1840, (CP and CJ).
FREEMANS ARMS, Archdeacon Lane
1846, Whites Directory lists a Freemans Arms, most likely Freemasons Arms listed as on Burley’s Lane.
KECKS ARMS, 58 Archdeacon Lane
The Kecks Arms named after the wealthy and influential Powys Keck family, one of whom served as a local M.P. …
PINEAPPLE – MONROE’S, 16 Archdeacon Lane
September 1838, Matthew Green was granted a new licence for the Pineapple. The original pub brewed its own ale until…
RED COW, O’Malleys, 140 Belgrave Gate
Belgrave Gate pictured above shows the fine Victorian buildings of the Red Cow, standing against its Georgian neighbours. A late…
BULL – BLACK BULL. 7 Applegate St.
Known as the Bull in 1747, John Halford, victualler. Earlier mentions of a Bull exist in 1590, without any address…