Opened with a licence removed from the Greyhound in Thames Street in 1890, Alfred Bickley being first landlord Thomas Fidler … More
Category: Closed Pubs
COOPERS ARMS, 2 LARCH STREET/ASH STREET
A beerhouse that stood on a corner of Larch Street/Ash Street and recorded at different times as either place. Ash … More
MANCHESTER HOTEL, KNIGHTON FIELDS ROAD (EAST)
Photo above: Circa 1950s. At the Brewster Sessions in August 1895, an application was made for a licence, as there … More
KNIGHTON ARMS, 39 KNIGHTON LANE/VERNON ROAD
Photo above taken in 1995. Was then trading as an off license, before shortly closing. Ran by Welch Brothers Brewery … More
PHOENIX, KING STREET
In April 1833, Moses Pegg laid information against Rhoda Warden of the Phoenix, King Street, in breach of the Beer … More
SPINNEY HILL TAVERN – SPINNEY HILL HOTEL, UPPER KENT STREET/MAIDSTONE ROAD
Upper Kent Street was renamed Maidstone Road. Photo above: Circa 1993. A Bass House,. Mentioned in 1865, when William Hanley … More
TWO TRIANGLES, KERRIAL ROAD
Early 1960s licensees Syd and Ivy Chandler (The above three photos by kind permission of Michael Parker who tells us … More
JUNCTION INN, 45 JUNCTION ROAD/MELTON STREET
Built in 1863. Owned by local brewer Bates & Bishell from 1882, who eventually became LBM in 1891. The pub … More
AFRICAN KITCHEN & BAR, 6 JUBILEE ROAD
Jubilee Road, off Belgrave Gate. Photo above sometime in August 2015. The company formed circa 2013, and a major licence … More
ANCHOR OF HOPE, 74 UPPER KENT STREET
Upper Kent St, with Anchor of Hope on the corner of Waring Street. A particularly long street of terraced houses, … More